Senior Business Analyst
ReStart is a dedicated deployment services organisation with a singular focus on delivering exceptional products and services to the NHS and healthcare system providers. Our team is composed of professionals who bring extensive experience within the NHS, ensuring that our solutions are tailored to meet the unique needs of the healthcare sector.
Our deep understanding of the NHS, combined with our commitment to improving patient care, positions us as a trusted partner for healthcare providers. At ReStart, we’re not just providing services - we’re reshaping healthcare delivery for the better.
ReStart is thrilled to announce an exciting opportunity for a Senior Business Analytics/Analyst in our Data Migration department. This hybrid role offers the unique chance to be involved in all stages of the data migration process, while also providing the flexibility to delve into other areas of NHS consultancy work, particularly data analytics.
This position is not just a job, but an opportunity to make a real impact. Your skills and ideas can truly make a difference in our operations and services.
As part of this role, you will leverage your analytical skills to interpret NHS data, identifying trends and patterns that will inform the creation of data models in Power BI. These models will be used to develop insightful dashboards that hospital trusts can utilize for improved efficiency and enhanced patient care.
If you have experience with Power BI and the ability to build data models, it would be a significant advantage. However, what’s most important is your passion for using data to drive improvements and your commitment to making a difference in healthcare.
Analytics Responsibilities (Desirable)
- Data Analysis and Reporting: Utilise SQL and Excel to extract, clean, and analyse healthcare data to derive meaningful insights.
- Report Development: Create and maintain reports using Power Bl and SQL Server Reporting Services
(SSRS) to support data-driven decision-making processes.
- Complex Procedure Explanation: Translate complex healthcare procedures and data into easily understandable information for both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Meeting Coordination and Leadership: Arrange and lead meetings with cross-functional teams to discuss data findings, present insights, and collaborate on strategic initiatives.
- Data Presentation: Effectively present data and analytical results to decision-makers within the organisation, aiding in informed decision-making.
Business Analysis Responsibilities
- Be involved throughout Deployment Life Cycle from initial engagement through to Go Live and Early Life support.
- Lead workshops with stakeholders to understand Trust’s requirements especially around data, reporting and processes and documenting the results and getting them agreed, so what is and what is not in scope is clearly defined.
- Map PAS/Clinical systems existing data structures to EPR providers extracting the correct fields and applying suitable translations.
- Working with the Trusts to understand the future state of processes to ensure the migration satisfied these requirements.
- Review and report the results of the test migration runs, working with the Trust to fix any issues such as coding errors or data quality issues to improve quality and quantity of records migrated.
- Assist with UAT and raising and monitoring issues found to ensure a successful resolution and ensuring Trust are kept aware of progress.
- Ability to work closely with Trusts, from Subject Matter Experts through to clinicians and the Trust chosen EPR provider consultants.
- 3+ years’ experience in a business analysis/analytics role within a health information environment (preferably NHS Trust or other healthcare provider)
- Fully conversant with the NHS Data Model and Statutory Reporting in the NHS
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Healthcare Information Systems with proven experience working in a successful data migration / reporting project, involving more than one of the following solutions (or other PAS/Clinical systems):
- Cerner Millennium
- CSC (iSOFT) Lorenzo, iPM & iCM, CLINiCOM, ICS PAS
- System C Medway
- IMS Maxims
- InterSystems TrakCare
- McKesson TotalCARE and Star - HP (EDS) Swift PAS
- Cambio COSMIC
- Experience of using and developing scripts/reports/dashboards in Microsoft SQL, including SSIS / SSRS / Power BI
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office including Access and MS Excel
- Experience of working in a consultancy role with a variety of stakeholders across the Trust
- Excellent T-SQL ability to used advanced querying features.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Power BI, with the ability to produce data models.
- Experience of interpreting health care data.
- Desirable: understanding HL7 messaging.
- An in depth understanding of the issues involved in data migration e.g., configuration item mappings, data field mappings, unique identifiers, patient pathways, de-duplication etc.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels within a Trust environment, including the ability to engage with clinical and operational staff.
- Presentation skills both orally and written.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strategic and pragmatic approach to problem-solving and planning
- Operate within project constraints ensuring that milestones and delivery dates are met.
- A good team player, always working collaboratively.
- A highly motivated individual that consistently strives to achieve the objectives of the project.
- An analytical thinker, resilient and working well under pressure with multiple projects and priorities. You have a logical approach to solutions and problem solving and seek appropriate support when required. Communicates in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner, and does so regularly and to clients and internally.
Join us at ReStart, where your ideas matter and your work makes a difference.